Hi Everyone - happy Tuesday night and welcome to Jaydee's SU stampin space. Tonight I have two of my babies keeping me company - it's so good to know that someone is keeping an eye on me! :-)
Tonight's card uses Delightful Decorations and the fabulous layout from the very talented stamping411 team. It was such a great layout to use that I ended up creating three entirely different cards using the layout. I'd also like to say a massive thank you to the stamping411 team for putting my More the Merrier card from last week into the gallery. There were some amazing submissions - and inspiration cards, so I am very, very honored to have been put in the gallery this week. I really do love the team's challenges - and visiting their individual sites. So, mosey on over to stamping411 and check out the challenges and the great cards on the site.
If I thought last week's challenge was inspirational...this was even better!
- I used Shimmer White as my card base
- I ran the card base through my Big Shot and used my Stampin' Up! Backgrounds 1 plates
- I then cut a piece of brushed silver metallic as my first matt
- I cut a piece of Going Grey as my second matt - and ran that thru the Big Shot using the same plate as the base
- I cut a final piece in Shimmer White - to act as the base for the decoration
- I then stamped my Delightful Decorations "Joy" stamp with Versamark and embossed it with silver embossing powder.
- I tied a little silver elastic cord around the ornament and attached all the matts using stampin dimensionals
- I stamped the sentiment from Christmas Greetings - again !!!! - and also embossed that in silver embossing powder
- I attached the delightful decoration to the top matt with stampin dimensionals
I love the layering and the depth of the various levels of matting and the juxtaposition of colors because of the placement of the layers. Tip: one of the great things about the SU stampin dimensionals is that they are 1/16th of an inch - which is the ideal height for multiple layerings like this.
I was really happy with the result - which is probably why I went rushing off and created two entirely different cards to this one - and hey... neither of them are Christmas cards :-)
Today, winter was certainly starting to take her grip - but even though it felt cold today, the weather people tell us that the average temperature is 10 degrees above normal for this time of year. My old-man cat, Merlin, doesn't believe that it's 10 degrees above normal... in fact, as far as he's concerned it's about 60 degrees below where he likes it - thank you! So he hugs the register underneath the sink, or climbs under the soft blanket on the bed. This afternoon he sat next to me on the couch. I was on a conference call working on my PC close to the fire :-) I really didn't mind that he was sitting next to me on the couch but...... he was snoring so loudly that I swear they could hear him on the other end of the phone! I mean it wasn't just loud.. it was REALLY loud! Oh well.. I suppose that could possibly happen with age :-)
I hope you all have a fabulous Wednesday and get to spend time with those you love - and I hope they don't snore too loudly, especially when you are on conference calls :-)
As always, thank you so much for spending time in my area of the stamping blogosphere. Your visits, your comments and your support are much appreciated.