Hi Everyone. Happy Wednesday and we begin today's post with such a great sentiment.
I created this card for the stamping411 challenge this week. Once again, the team came up with a really creative design. I know I've said this before... but if you haven't tried the challenges - you should and you should check out the inspiration and submission cards - they are fabulous.
I used a new stamp set for today's card Font of You and a bold color combination of Bermuda Bay and White. As much as I love the images on this stamp set - the sentiment sold me!
- I used Whisper White as my card base
- I used Bermuda Bay DSP
- I used the Bermuda Bay polka dot ribbon and framed that with the silver elastic cord on both sides of the ribbon
- I used my circle scissors plus to create the circle and then my stamp-a-ma-jig to make sure that I positioned the umbrella where I needed it.
- I then stamped a second umbrella and cut around it using my paper snips and mounted it on top of the original image with stampin dimensionals.
- I used my Scallop circle die and my Big Shot to create the scalloped matt for the central image
- I released a couple of rhinestones from their housing and mounted them using glue dots.
- The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White and punched out using the modern label punch. I mounted it to the ribbon with glue dots
- One final piece was to punch out a piece of Bermuda Bay for underneath the ribbon using my eyelet border punch
Here's a quick closeup for you
It's a really quick card to make and I was really pleased with the end result. This one actually came together relatively easily, too. Not like some I've worked on recently!
I know many of you will be traveling today - as will I - and I wish you all safe travels and to you and yours - a Happy Thanksgiving.