Hi Everyone. Happy Sunday. I hope you are all having a fabulous day.
Today's card is a case of my own card - the delightful decorations in gold card. Along with Dasher this is one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets this year. I have loved using this set and will be sending out all of the cards that I made with it. You can see all of the SU Delightful Decorations cards that I have uploaded onto my blog here. I've also been playing around with other uses for the set - and will be uploading the results of those in the next couple of weeks. Including using it on candles - a project I played around with a couple of weeks ago... as well as uses beyond Christmas.
Here's the Delightful Decorations in Silver, Red and White and, of course, I had to use Christmas Greetings - hey Kelli :-): - I love the script used on the sentiment on Christmas Greetings and the size has been perfect for so many of my Christmas cards.
- I used the brushed silver metallic card stock (LOVE THIS)
- I stamped the DD "joy" stamp in versamark onto Whisper White card stock and used red embossing powder
- I stamped the "Merry Christmas" in versamark and used the red embossing powder for the sentiment as well. Jaydee tips: a quick rub with an embossing buddy on the card stock is a great way to minimize the stray embossing powder. I also take a very thin paint brush and carefully remove any stray powder that is left. Then I use my heat gun. Additionally, I cannot position my sentiment - especially on a card this clean and simple - without using my stamp-a-ma-jig. Because I use this sentiment so often, I have cut a piece of vellum and stamped the sentiment onto the vellum, so that I don't have to stamp on my plastic piece with my stamp-a-ma-jig every time.
- I used my paper piercer and matt to create the square of holes to highlight the focal image
- I tied a little silver elastic cord (love this stuff!) around the ornament. Instead of using the ornament punch, I cut around the ornament with a pair of paper snips. It's really easy to cut out, especially when it has been embossed. These cards certainly look much more expensive than they cost to make - and are really simple to replicate.
Well.... I get the next 3 hours in my stamping studio... I should do some housework... but..... you know.... in the words of the beautiful Scarlett O'Hara: "Tomorrow IS another day!"
I hope you all get to spend time doing things you love - with those you love - have a fabulous day.