Hi Everyone. Happy Sunday.
I hope you are all having a wonderful Easter.
I did get some time to play in my stamping space today and went looking for some challenges to get my creative mojo going.
CASonSunday's theme is THANK YOU and Casestudy is featuring the last card from the talented Julie Ebersole. I am always in need of thank you cards, so the theme from CASonSunday was ideal. With Julie's card, I was really drawn to the colors she had used. I also loved the horizontal stamped piece which helped to ground the focal point. I also loved that her focal image was clustered in the lower left corner. So, I used these elements to create my card.
I've set myself a challenge to use up some of my old stuff. You know, that stuff that we buy that gets put into a cupboard or on a shelf and is left alone, unused and unloved and gets jealous cos you use everything else instead? Well, my SU bird punch had so many cobwebs and so much dust that I could hardly find it! Well, not really, but you get my drift :-) I honestly can't remember the last time I used this poor punch. It was the ideal opportunity to get it out, dust it off, and give it a little love.
It's not exactly a bird on a wire, but it is a bird on a branch! Here's my card for both challenges:
Here's what I did:
- I stamped the bottom part of the card base (Naturals White) with my woodgrain stamp using Sahara Sand ink
- I punched out the bird and the branch 3 times. Once with Island Indigo DSP and twice with Lucky Limeade.
- I took my card base and shaved off 1/4 of an inch on the vertical edge. I did that so that I could get the leaf to extend beyond the card base and still fit comfortably into an envelope
- I adhered the leaves to the card base using the top of the woodgrain stamping as my guide.
- I used an old SU THANK YOU sentiment that I rubbed onto the card base.
- I then adhered the bird to the card base using dimensionals. One more dimensional was used to adhere the wing to the bird
- All that was left was to use a dark blue pearl for the eye of the bird and add a couple of green ones to the leaves for added interest
Can you see the inspiration from Julie's card? I hope you can.
Well, I have definitely neglected my household chores this weekend. It's 5.32 and I think I had better put my stamping stuff away and go do some housework!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. As always, thank you for visiting my little part of the stamping blogosphere. Warm hugs and prayers for those of you who need a little lift tonight. Continued prayers for Nelson Mandela.
Card ingredients - all SU:
- DSP: Patterns Pack: Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
- Punch: Bird
- Card stock: Naturals White
- Stamps: Woodgrain