Hi Everyone. Happy Sunday night.
I saw this great sketch across at retrosketches yesterday and, after the appearance of the awesome Bond girl in Friday's opening ceremony, I knew exactly what I wanted to do!
I pulled out My Digital Studio and opened up Artistic Etchings. I used the crown stamp - that is normally pretty small - and I expanded it. I printed it out on my printer and colored it using copic markers. I rustled up some basic rhinestones, some square rhinestones and some basic pearls. Of course, the card HAD to be red, white and blue.
Here's my homage to THE best BOND girl evah! Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Of course, I absolutely HAD to use this particular sentiment. Some of you may remember me using this sentiment on a different card. In case you have forgotten - this is an English colloquialism that means - uber cool. way more than cool. (However, the usual saying is you are all that and a bag of crisps.... or you are all that and a packet of crackers!) But, that's what the stamp says, and I'll take it as it is :-)
All of the elements on the card remind me of the United Kingdom.
- Obviously the colors of the Union Jack.
- The Gingham paper. Gingham was the fabric my summer school uniform was made of.
- The argyle (argyll) embossed layer as a nod to the fact that HRH has been the Colonel in Chief of the Argyll and Sutherland highlanders for decades. (Maybe that's where she learned to parachute?)
- The royal blue ribbon (although it is really Midnight Muse) a favorite color of royalty
- A button with four holes - representing England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales
- The "jewels" for the Crown Jewels in the Tower of London
I must admit, I was really pleased with how the crown printed out. Have I told you that I love my MDS! :-)
So, there you have it, my homage to HRH Queen Elizabeth II. Of course, I have to pay homage to my old school chum and running mate. Seb did alright as the Chairman of the Olympic Committee and his speech was just the right tone for the games. So, I'd say that the sentiment works for him, too! :-)
Why not pop along to retrosketches and see the fabulous design team and submission cards.
On a personal note.
I woke up Saturday morning to the most AWESOME sunrise. I couldn't believe how fabulous it was. The wetland was steaming and there was a bright orange streak of clouds in the sky. A single banner of orange clouds.
After a few minutes - it started to look like this - if you look carefully, you can see the orange reflected off of the mist coming off of the wetlands
A few minutes later - it looked like this
Don't forget - check out this post and leave a comment letting me know what you thought about the opening ceremony - or what sports you are most looking forward to. All comments will be entered into a draw for blog candy. Draw will be on Friday.
Warm hugs and prayers for those of you who need a little lift tonight. Have a beautiful Monday
Card recipe - all ingredients Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
- Card stock: Midnight Muse. Real Red. Whisper White. Gingham (amuse studio)
- Stamps: Crown - My Digitial Studio - Artistic Etchings. Sentiment: British Invasion (amuse studio)
- Ribbon: Midnight Muse
- Accessories: Basic rhinestones, basic pearls. Square rhinestones (ctmh)
- Tools: Big Shot. Argyle embossing folder. Punch - non-SU