Hi Everyone. Welcome to Jaydee's SU stamping space! Today's card was designed using the MojoMonday 114 challenge. It was a really interesting layout... and was one of those that really made me think! I wanted the use the snowmen from Stampin' Up! Hostess level 3 set The More the Merrier - and also wanted to combine that with my SU snowflake Window Sheets. I made one little change to the sketch and that was to add another layer of scalloping on the top.
- I stamped the snowmen - who are my new favorite!!! - on Night of Navy card stock with versamark and then used White embossing powder and my heat gun. I then used a versamark marker to glue up the bodies of the snowmen and sprinkled them with Dazzling Diamonds
- I attached the Night of Navy card stock using my stampin dimensionals onto a piece of Whisper White card stock.
- I cut three pieces of paper - two Whisper White and One Night of Navy and used my scallop border punch to create the top pieces and layered them together
- I used a piece of the White organza ribbon for the bow and used Night of Navy for the rest of the ribbon
- I stamped the sentiment from the Short and Sweet set onto Whisper White card stock punched it out - and then punched a bigger oval on Whisper White again. I then punched a piece of Night of Navy with my scallop oval punch. So, the three layers on the sentiment echo the three layers on the scallop top.
- I cut a piece of the Window Sheet and adhered that to the top of the page with glue and then mounted the scalloped top.
- I added a little more glue on the window sheet - behind where the snowmen would be placed
- The last thing to do was to take three half pearls and add them vertically to balance out the card. I placed them in the middle of the snowflakes so that the outer part of the snowflake can still be seen and borders the pearls
Even though I putzed for quite a while getting the placements where I wanted them and deciding what I wanted to do.. in the end I was very pleased with the monochromatic Night of Navy and crisp Whisper White combination. I love the snowmen - they make me smile every time I use them and I also liked the ribbon and the pearls for a little extra luxe. As for the window sheets... I love the window sheets - and think that the snowflakes just well... you know... go with the snowmen :-) Which is probably why I've used the sheets twice now with the snowmen! (you can see my other snowmen and window sheet card here
The one problem with the window sheets... they are impossible to photograph correctly in my tent box - you always see my hands or the camera or the reflection from the side of the tent... so I really apologize for that!
Today, we spent the time walking around the old part of the city of Nice and took a walk along the famous Promenade de Anglaise. It's wonderful to get out and feel the sea breeze and the warmth of the winter sun. It certainly is a beautiful spot - although the beaches are made of big rocks and are more like English beaches than many other beaches I've been to! Tomorrow we are off to Rome. I always love Rome, great food, great architecture and handsome men and walking hand in hand with my favorite handsome man! what more could you ask for :-)
I hope you all get to spend time doing the things you love - with those that matter the most to you. Today, I challenge you all to make a card thanking someone for something. Over the Thanksgiving period it has been a time of reflection for me...... and many of us have so much to be thankful for - so, make a thankful/grateful/thank you card - and send it to someone - just because you can. As for me, I am thankful you chose to spend a little part of your day in my area of the stamping blogosphere.
Peace and blessings