Hi everyone. Happy Sunday.
Tonight's card sounds so yummy - and the picture that Lesley created to inspire us makes me really hungry. The colors this week were chosen by LeAnne and they were fabulous colors to work with. In fact, I made 3 cards using this color scheme I loved it so much. I think that Lesley must have chosen this picture to celebrate HER BIRTHDAY...... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLEY. We hope you had a fabulous day.
None of us like creating sympathy cards, purely because of the subject matter. I needed a sympathy card and didn't have any in my stash, so I used the color scheme from the challenge this week to create my sympathy card.
The design team have a great selection of cards to show you this week and we hope that you are inspired to join us and play along AT OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG SITE. Yep. Lesley decided it was a good idea to create a site especially for our challenges. It's a great idea. We think you will find it easier to join us, find the posts, link your creations and check back later to see the entries for the week - and also past entries. Lesley's new challenge blog is called The Paper Players and you can find us right HERE
Here's my card.
- Card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake
- Stamps: Measure of a Life (retired); En Francais (stamped onto Crumb Cake layer); Thoughts and Prayers (sentiment)
- Inks: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Black StazOn
- Accessories: Finial Embossing Folder, 18" grosgrain ribbon, Lots of Tags Sizzlit die, brads (retired)
- Tools: Big Shot, slit punch, dimensionals
- Cut card base to A2 (11 x 4 1/4) - score and fold at the 5 1/2" mark with the fold on the top
- Cut Cherry Cobbler layer to 4" x 5 1/4" and run through big shot with the Finial embossing folder
- Adhere to card base
- Cut Crumb Cake layer to 3 x 3 1/4. Ink up En Francais background stamp with Crumb Cake and stamp onto Crumb Cake layer
- Cut Very Vanilla layer to 2 3/4 x 3. Ink up focal image and stamp onto Very Vanilla layer. Once ink is dry color image using your favorite markers
- Adhere focal image layer to the Crumb Cake layer using dimensionals
- Adhere Crumb Cake layer to card base using dimensionals
- Cut sentiment tag using Tags die and Big shot. Stamp sentiment - using your Stamp-a-ma-jig for placement
- Using your slit punch create a hole on either side of the tag. Adhere tag to card base - leaving enough wiggle room to slide the ribbon through the slit - pull back either end and secure. Add brad
- When using an embossing folder that has deep indentations the edges of the card stock can become just a little uneven. I usually run my card stock through my SU table cutter to straighten up any edges that don't look quite right
- When using brads - I hate having to try to place them in a hole and have them positioned exactly where I want them to. For some reason, legs on brads have a mind of their own! To get around this problem I use my craft scissors to carefully remove the legs of the brads at the point where they are attached to the frame. Hold the leg in your fingers and cut the base with the scissors. That way you can make sure the leg doesn't go flying off somewhere! Doing this allows me to adhere my brads exactly where I want them.
On a personal note:
Lou and I had a fabulous dinner last night. Chef Justin outdid himself. 8 courses on our tasting menu. A different vegetable was the star performer for each of the courses. Lou didn't know that I had organized this so he was very surprised. We oooohed and aaaahed our way through dinner for almost 4 hours. It was absolutely delicious!
We went shopping at the nursery yesterday for a couple of plants for the front door. Oh, boy! Let's just say that those two plants must have been the most expensive two plants in history :-) We ended up buying new ceramic pots for the front door, a garden statute, planters for the deck...plants for outside the garage... oh yeah! and the two plants for the front door! :-) The front door does look wonderful now though!
I have more cards coming up for you from the OperationWriteHome card drive that we did this week. So, you will find lots of inspiration.
Prayers as always for Trish, Germaine, T, Pri, Arthur, Hugo, John and Sue, Angela and Missy's family. Losing both parents in a 5 week period is so tough.
As always, thank you for spending time in my little area of the stamping blogosphere. Your visits and your support are much appreciated.