Hi Everyone. Happy Saturday night.
Tonight's card is for the Paper Players Challenge # 17. It was LeAnne's turn to host the inspiration challenge this week. I must admit, it was an interesting challenge! The color combo is great - pink, black and white.... but I had this issue with the baby dressed in black. I don't know why.... I think it goes back to my mother. Mother always said, children should never wear black. Obviously that was running around in my head because I kept looking at the pic and thinking what a super cute child... .but she's wearing black!!!! Really, its a super cute outfit. It's just amazing that something that my mother said to me all those decades ago still sticks :-) Anyway.... I decided to keep with the baby theme and, of course, I couldn't resist making a big pink bow!
Don't forget, if you want to know how I made my bow - you can check out my bow making video.
So, here's my card:
I have to tell you, I am in love with the newly configured Patterns Pack Designer Series Paper that Stampin' Up! have come out with this year. You can see that I used two pieces of the Pink Pirouette from the subtles pack. I love the fact that they have given us variety packs of the color families, rather than entire packs of one color. Also.... I love the patterns this year, too!
As we don't have Pink Pirouette ribbon, I decided to use Pretty in Pink. In fact, I actually like the contrast, and slightly stronger pink. I couldn't help adding a Pink button from the new Subtles buttons pack and a little twine.
The sentiment is from the new A Word for You set.
You have seen me use this layout before. It really is one of my fall to layouts and is incredibly versatile.
- Card stock: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Whisper White
- Inks: Basic Black
- DSP: Subtles Patterns Pack
- Stamps: A Word for You
- Acessories: Subtles Buttons, Pretty in Pink Satin Ribbon, twine
- Tools: Needle, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-Ma-Jig
- Cut Basic Black card stock to A2. 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Score and fold at 4 1/4 - fold on the top
- Cut DSP to 5 1/4 x 4 and adhere to Basic Black card base
- Cut Pink Pirouette layer to 4 1/4 x 3 1/4
- Cut Basic Black layer to 4 x 3. Adhere Pink Pirouette and Basic Black Layers together using Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Cut Whisper White to 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 and cut polka dot DSP to 1 1/2 x 3 3/4. Place white overlapping the polka dot paper. The finished piece should be 2 3/4 high.
- Ink up sentiment and stamp onto Whisper White layer
- Cut satin ribbon to fit under sides of the polka dot and white layer and secure
- Make bow and adhere bow to ribbon and top layer. Adhere this layer to the Basic Black mat layer using dimensionals.
- Once the focal layers are complete, adhere to card base using dimensionals.
- Check out my video on how to make a bow
- I try to tie my buttons to my bow to secure them. I use twine and a needle to do that. You can dye the twine by using a marker and coloring the twine directly, or you can use a brayer and run your twine through your ink pad, using your brayer to help you pick up ink. (Place twine between brayer and ink pad and pull.) I kept the twine the natural color, because it reminded me of the color of the blanket in the inspiration photograph and gave a little different texture.
- Don't like the baby sentiment? Just about any of the sentiments from the A Word for You set would work with this very sophisticated color scheme and layout.
On a personal note:
We have had dreadful flooding in Minnesota and Wisconsin. On Thursday some areas reported a whole summer's worth of rain in a 30 hour period. It just didn't stop raining. Considering that we have had a very wet summer, the rain didn't soak into the ground and has caused massive flooding. Many people have some kind of water damage, from flooded basements, to much worse. Additionally, many businesses have been flooded out, too.
We were at the farmer's market this morning. One of the farmer's was telling us that he has had 40 inches of rain this summer! Considerably more rain than normal. No wonder we have felt the humidity so much this year. Luckily we have had no damage, but many have not been so lucky.
A big shout out for Brenda and Cherie tonight. They are running their race for Pancreatic Cancer tomorrow. They will also be wearing tutu's. Yep.... tutu's. I can't wait! Additionally, Brenda let me know that she has almost 500 cards for the Operation Write Home Card Drive. YIKES!!!!! A W E S O M E! One thing that struck me from Brenda's email tonight..... "it feels so good making these cards, knowing that they are going to such a great cause". I know how she feels. I know that many of you do, too. I really appreciate all of you who have supported our card drives this past year. Now. I need to get down to making my cards! That's my task tomorrow.
Prayers tonight for Germaine, T, Pri, John & Sue. For Lesley, Adelle and Rach and their furbabies. For Cam and Janna who have not been well this week. To all those affected by the floods.
I hope you have a fabulous Sunday. Thank you so much for spending time in my little area of the stamping blogosphere. You know your visits, your support and your comments are greatly appreciated.