Hi Everyone. Happy Wednesday night.
Well, I am back at home and managed to get a few minutes - about an hour - in my stamping room tonight. It was really good to get my hands on my scissors, paper and glue! It's considerably colder here than where I was though!
I got home to some new goodies, too! I managed to unpack them and mount the stamps, but haven't had the chance to play with them yet. Hopefully you will be getting some sneak previews of the new occasions mini over the next few days.
I saw the challenge across at Moxiefabworld - to create an "all occasions" card. Well, I needed a couple and had this idea in my head around the Medallion stamp. I really did resist buying this stamp - but am loving it now. Don't you find you do that? I bought a couple of MUST HAVE stamp sets - and have hardly touched them... and yet, others, like this one... well... you get the picture!
I have a non-SU sentiment stamp that I bought at a local mega store. I bought it purely because I love the sentiment and have found it very useful. The sentiment gave me an idea....mmmm..... "wishing you a day bright with sunshine"..... well, two things struck me.... BRIGHT and SUNSHINE. Which got me to a color scheme. Daffodil Delight. A color I hardly ever use - and it is certainly BRIGHT. So, bright? Check! Now.... SUNSHINE....mmmmm..... AH.... got it! SUNSHINE? Check!
I liked the idea so much that I decided to make two entirely different cards using exactly the same colors and stamps. I will show you version 1 and version 2 on different nights. Then you can tell me which you like best. Here's Version 1
I was really pleased with the way it came out. It's also really simple to make. I made the Medallion the sun :-)
Card recipe - all supplies Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:
- Card stock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight
- Stamps: Medallion Background stamp ( 115223), sentiment non-SU
- Accessories: Basic Rhinestones (119246) (such great value!), Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon (119750)
Creating this card is so easy. All you need to do is
- create a Daffodil Delight layer - 5-1/4 x 4. Stamp the sentiment into the lower right hand corner.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock to 5" by 2 5/8.
- Ink up the Medallion using Daffodil Delight and stamp it onto the Whisper White piece - stamping off the bottom onto a piece of scrap paper. Tip: To make the medallion look "right" make sure that you stamp it off the top and side, too. This anchors the stamp onto the page and also makes it fit into the "thirds" rule.
- Adhere Whisper White layer to Daffodil Delight layer. Wrap ribbon around - secure at the back and tie into a knot. Add Stampin' Dimensionals to the back of the Daffodil Delight layer and place this layer on the card base.
- Lastly, add the bling!
- Tip: For the inside - I cut a piece of Daffodil Delight and made it the same size as the front Daffodil Delight layer. I inked up my Medallion stamp again and stamped it off the bottom left corner. This helps to tie the front and inside together. It also leaves lots of space for you to write inside.
So, what do you thinik? You know I really love to hear what you have to say. Your feedback helps me to decide what to place on my blog for your viewing pleasure.
Don't forget to pop along to moxieworld. They are having several challenges right now and there are lots of wonderful goodies for you to drool over.
On a personal note:
It is wonderful to be home. I really miss my bath, my bed, my pussycats, my husband and my tea! Not necessarily in that order!
Talking of husbands, in my absence Lou finished decorating the outside of the house. It looks fabulous. I'll take some pics to show you. With the snow - it all really feels very festive.
I was saddened to hear of Elizabeth Edward's passing yesterday. Regardless of your political stance, that woman showed immense courage as she faced down her disease - and her husband!
Well, I am off to maybe make a card with my new goodies! Oooh... talking of new goodies - Beverly had the second of her workshops this past weekend. Her projects were fabulous and I heard from your stampers that they had a fabulous time. Way to go, Beverly! Robin, I bet you wish you could have been there for the party! Cherie, I hope you had a great week vacation. Brenda, I hope you and your mom had a fabulous time at the retreat. Rach, sounds like you had a good time at yours!
Prayers tonight for: Germaine, Pri, Adelle, Arthur, Rose. Soozie, I am adding you and your mom to my prayer list. I saw your post on SCS today saying that you were visiting the nursing home.