Hi Everyone. Happy Monday night.
Tonight's card was created for the casestudy challenge. I decided to create a fairly clean and simple version of the card using the Jolly Holiday DSP, Lovely as a Tree for the background and the lovely deer stamp from the Winter Post set. I saw Nance's card for the Paper Players challenge last week. She used the Lovely as a Tree stamp and Dasher - and I loved it. I needed a slightly smaller image, so went with the deer from Winter Post instead.
Mmmm... the one thing I forgot to do before I stamped.... condition the stamp! Consequently, not the smoothest deer you have ever seen!
Card recipe - all supplies SU unless otherwise noted:
- Card stock: Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
- Inks: River Rock (for the sponging and the trees. Early Espresso for the deer. Cherry Cobbler for the sentiment
- Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Winter Post. Sentiment is from Short and Sweet
- Accessories: Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding ribbon. Vintage Brads
- Designer Series Paper: Jolly Holiday
- Tools: Big Shot. Tag die (non SU), Stampin Dimensionals (the tag is raised), border punch (non SU)
This is a really simple card to make and can be tailored to fit any color scheme and use any DSP. I didn't add any iridescent ice, but was tempted to make another version with that! Doing a light sponging of the Very Vanilla tag, toned down the vanilla and I like the finished effect. The brad around the bow and through the hole in the tag works well.
Don't forget to pop along to the casestudy challenge site and check out the design team and submission cards. I know you will find something to inspire you.
On a personal note: I am traveling on business the next couple of days. I'd rather be home :-) but it is rare that I have to travel these days, and I am grateful for that.
Continued prayers for Germaine, Pri, Arthur, Rose, Adelle. Also for those of you who need a little lift.
You know I appreciate you stopping by and I appreciate your comments.
Have a fabulous Tuesday.