Hi Everyone. Happy Saturday night.
The Paper Players has a fabulous color challenge for you this week.
Now, these fabulous colors screamed masculine to me, so I decided it was time to bring out The Open Sea again and show the stamps a little ink love.
Talking about love... I am totally in love with this set. I don't think I have not liked a card I have seen made with this set. It's amazing what everyone has done with it. In fact, several of our design team have used this set, so you will get lots of inspiration for masculine themed cards this week!
As you can see, I decided to focus on the Early Espresso. I love this Nautical Expedition Designer Series Paper. I inked up the stamp using my Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy and Cherry Cobbler markers. Using the markers produces a really crisp image.
Card recipe - all ingredients Stampin' Up!
- Card stock: Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
- Stamps: The Open Sea, Something to Celebrate (sentiment)
- Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy.
- Designer Series Paper: Nautical Expeditions
- Tools: Big Shot, Two Tags Stampin' Up! Bigz Dies, Stampin' Dimensionals, Scallop Border Punch
- Accessories: Antique Brads, Baker's Twine, Metallic Brads
- As the tag die was a little too big for the look I wanted, I trimmed it and rounded the bottom corners.
- To tie the sentiment strip into the rest of the card, I off-stamped the compass on one corner and added a brad to the other side.
- Snipping out the ship and mounting it on dimensionals really makes it pop off the page
- To add movement (to mimic the movement of the ocean waves), I took my bone folder and ran it under the sentiment strip. This allowed me to adhere it to the card base with some snail in some places and keep it lifted in others
We hope that you will pop along to the Paper Players and join us again this week and share your card, 3D project or scrapbook page created for our challenge. Don't forget to check out what the other fabulous design team members have created, too. I know you will be inspired.
On a personal note:
A gorgeous day here today. It started off very cool and wet. It was a little cool when we went to the Farmer's Market. Fresh kale, Swiss chard, lettuces, arugula, radishes, cucumbers, carrots and scallions to be had this morning. Yummy! By the time we had been to the market, popped along to Caribou for a bite of breakfast and a chat, the morning was still young and the weather just starting to warm up. This afternoon, we got the chance to play in the garden a little, added a new bird nesting box to our fountain area, hung a fabulous fuschia and spent a little time just enjoying our fabulous deck. I still get amazed every time I get to sit out there. What a difference the back yard is from this time last year. The new deck and the landscaped fountain area really do make such a difference. The sound of the running water is so soothing.
Prayers tonight for those of you who need a little lift or a warm hug.
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday. I will be back with a new post on Monday.
As always... thank you for your visit - and your comments, you know they mean a great deal to me.