A little work of art
Artistic Etchings for Freshly Made

PP82 - Thank you

Hi Everyone.  Happy Saturday.

It's the turn of the fabulous Nance to host the Paper Players challenge this week and she has a wonderful color challenge for us all.  If you weren't feeling summery before now, these colors will certainly take you there - mentally at least :-)


After all that has been going on the past two weeks, I really NEEDED a thank you card.  So, I decided to take these colors and create one!

I knew that I wanted to do a repetition of thank you, but decided to do it in multiple languages instead.  I used the colors in the challenge to highlight the different words to add interest.  As Poppy Parade was a little stronger than I wanted, I decided to use it sparingly and use the Soft Suede as my base color.

Here's what I came up with

Pp92 (1)

I knew that the best way to create the text was to bring out My Digital Studio.  I could have done it in Mac's iPages, but it was so easy to get the text in the colors of the challenge with My Digital Studio and the multiple fonts provided in the package.

Once I had finished the card, I realized I should have said MANY THANKS.... which was the whole reason for doing the reptition of thank you!  Oh well.... It was too late by then!

Recipe - all ingredients Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:

  • Card stock:  Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Pool Party
  • Text:  My Digital Studio
  • Ribbon:  Pool Party
  • Accessories:  Basic Pearls
  • Inks:  Pool Party, Soft Suede, Poppy Parade

We hope you will pop along to the Paper Players and play along with the challenge this week.  We'd love to see what YOU do with this color combo.

On a personal note:

Today was the first time in 2 weeks that I even felt like going into my stamping space.......

Merlin seems to be over the hump - thank heavens.  It has been a long two weeks and a very long road for the old man.  His cold certainly has not made things any easier for him.  Every two-three hours I have been giving a little "snot-spa treatment" and after a couple of days of trying to hold him over a sink running with hot water and a towel over his head, I decided to go buy a vaporizer machine!  That made a huge difference. I could put him in his carrier, put him next to the vaporizer, put a towel of the front of the carrier and the vaporizer and leave him there for 5 minutes.  This helped him soak up the steam and really helped to clear his little nose.  Once he felt a little better, he would smell his food and eat.

He's still not eating a lot, and is still a little unsteady on his little arthritic legs, but he is now urinating on his own and his kidney's seem to be functioning with the approximately 30% that they still seem to have available.  What a nightmare this past two weeks has been.  He's a fighter, the old man.  He's also been incredibly loving and, even though he hates the daily sub-q treatment, his 2 hourly "spa" treatment and his multiple pills daily, he has taken it in his stride.  Hopefully, we can continue to get him eating more now that his cold is getting better.  Oh, and yeah, maybe I can sleep for a little longer than 2 hours at a time, too.  But... I don't begrudge him the time and effort it has taken over the past two weeks.  It was worth every minute.  THANK YOU to all of you who sent me emails and left messages wishing him well.  We hope that he continues to gain strength and that his tests on Wednesday prove that he is, in fact, really on the mend.

Warm hugs and prayers to those of you who need a little lift tonight.

Pammie... especially big hugs for you my friend.