Hi Everyone. Happy Monday.
Well, you had a couple of days rest from Ornamental Pine, but I thought it was a good night to share another card made with this great set. I REALLY am loving it and know that it will form the cornerstone of our Christmas cards this year.
For tonight's card, I used the same layout as THIS card. That card was soft and serene, this one has more contrast and, once again, I used the fabulous Ranger Verdigris embossing powder. This powder is different to most that I have used in that it has a couple of different green powders, as well as gold powder, in the same container. I love the variation that it gives and think it is perfect for Christmas cards. It also works perfectly with Lost Lagoon card stock! For this card I paired it with some Shimmer White card stock and some gold snowflakes
I know it's difficult to see, but the Lost Lagoon layer was embossed using the new star embossing folder (also from the new holiday mini). You might be wondering where the gold snowflakes came from? Well, good question! They are actually white snowflakes from the new mini that I re-colored with gold embossing powder.
How to re-color the snowflakes - just in case you want them silver or gold or green or pink! :-)
Tools required: Versamark pad. Heat gun. Heat and stick powder. Gold embossing powder. Tweezers.
- Start warming up the heat gun and let it run while you do the other steps
- Put the snowflake on a pair of fine nosed tweezers with the tweezers in the middle hole of the snowflake and dip the snowflake into your Versamark pad
- When the snowflake is covered in Versamark, dip it into the Heat & Stick powder, making sure it's well covered. Quickly heat with the heat gun - no more than a few seconds.
- Immediately dip the snowflake into the gold embossing powder and set with the heat gun.
- Allow a minute to cool and you are ready to place on your project
I showed the card to Lou and he just couldn't get his head around snowflakes being gold :-) Me, however.... it's my card and I'll have gold snowflakes if I want to :-) Oh... and I think they look cool...
Well, just in case you thought I was finished with this set.... not yet! I still have a couple more cards to show you. In fact, I made another card with this set yesterday!
On a personal note:
The weather has been HOT and HUMID. Humidity up in the 90+ -sometimes to the mid-90s. Way too humid for me. However, we have had so few days like this during summer that I am absolutely not going to complain about it :-)
As always, thank you for your visit, your comments, your pins and your emails. I really do appreciate them! I'll be back tomorrow with another card - not an Ornamental Pine card :-) In the meantime, warm hugs and prayers for those of you who need a little lift tonight.
Card recipe - all ingredients Stampin' Up!:
- Card stock: Shimmer White. Lost Lagoon
- Stamps: Ornamental Pine
- Tools: Versamark. Heat and Stick Powder. Gold Embossing Powder
- Accessories: Snowflake/sequins from upcoming mini